Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mission yo!

I mentioned a while ago that I got an internship with Kontaktmission USA To go to Germany. I got the specifics of where and what the other day. I'll be in Jena DE (DE stands for Germany) and will be helping with a church plant there. I'm really excited about this and feel really called to do this. I'm posting my support letter below for those of you who didn't recieve it, or would like the full story behind it all. Thanks :)

*Praise!! Some funds have been raised :) Only about 3100 left to go :) *
Dear Friends,



Great news! I have been given the opportunity to join the European mission organization Kontaktmission (www.kontaktmissionusa.org ) on a internship to Germany this upcoming summer. This internship is one that I've been looking to go on for a while now. Since high school, I've felt called to go to Germany and share the word with the people there. It is a post-Christian country; many of the people there are not spiritually active and some are not even aware of the Good News. There is a huge spiritual need in the cities, suburbs and rural areas of Germany. This internship gives me the opportunity to reach out to the people and take the first steps to long term mission work with Germans.

There will be several different facets to this internship. I will be helping a local church, learning the language and customs, working closely with German people and growing closer to God. Everything from church planting, to youth work, to basic church office work might be done. It will be a very busy, but rewarding summer.

How can you help? To start with, I'm asking for your support in prayer. Prayer for safety on the travel, guidance, clarity and in all the things that will be going on during the trip and before the trip. Prayer is the most important element of any mission work and I ask that you pray often, not just for me, but for the people that I will be working with too.

The other support I'll need is monetary. I will be leaving May 20 returning August 9 this upcoming summer.The internship will cost around $3700, including plane tickets, all meals, boarding, training, materials while overseas. Please consider supporting me in this. You can use the enclosed envelope to send a check made out to “KM USA” with “Rebecca Hail” in the memo line, if you would like. All donations that you make will be tax deductible.

Rob Harris, US Director of Kontaktmission, asked me to include the following statement from him in my letter:

It is one of the great joys of my job to work with college students who have a genuine desire to serve long-term as career missionaries. After speaking with Becca about her goals and education plans, it became clear to me that she is very serious about her intention to serve as a long-term missionary in Germany. Our organization offers people like her the opportunity to “hit the ground running” by participating in internships. What Becca will be doing is not just a youth group trip or “missions tourism,” but rather a ground-floor genuine missionary experience, individually created to help her reach her goal to God’s glory. Thank you very much for considering joining us in helping her to serve and learn. -RDH

I'm really excited about this opportunity and hope that God blesses you for all the support that you will provide! If you have any questions about this trip or Kontaktmission or anything else, please feel free to contact me! Thank you for all you have done for me!

In Him,

Rebecca



rhail@roanokebible.edu



0 comments: