Well…it’s nearing the end of the year. So I thought I’d do one of those silly truths things. You know, when you list 10-15 things that not many people know. So here goes…
1. I hate going over large bridges. Like the ones I have to cross to go back and forth between Mo and NC. Terrifying. And while we’re on this, I hate bridge tunnels.
2. My favorite color is, and has always been, red.
3. I have never been kissed on New Years at midnight. Or anytime from Christmas to well into January.
4. I’m afraid of always being in the friend-zone and never getting that shot of getting out. But I’m also afraid of putting myself out there and getting shot down. I have a really hard time telling guys that I like them and always worry that they don’t like me the same/have forgotten about me.
5. My first word was duck, and my favorite animals are ducks and horses.
6. I really like sunglasses, purses, shoes, makeup, etc. But I tend to keep it on the downlow because not many people know how much of a girly-girl I am.
7. I read a lot. It helps me escape and pretend my troubles are not my own.
8. I love to act and model. It’s what I want to do with my life. It’s going to be a tough row to hoe, but I really think I can make it and I can’t wait till I can afford to take real classes and expand and grow.
9. I want to travel. In the US, out of it. It doesn’t matter to me. I’d like to have that one great roadtrip with friends to remember always.
10. I’ve never taken a guy to any family gatherings. No Thanksgivings, Christmases, New Years. Not even a 4th of July party. Not because I’ve never wanted to, but because they’ve always made other plans or because I’ve been single.
11. I’ve never had a boyfriend that has had facial hair. If you haven’t caught on yet, I’m in a little hopeless romantic/sappy mood…
12. I talk to my animals. Really thankful they can’t talk because then all my secretes would be told.
13. Even though I’m the oldest in my family, I’ve always felt overshadowed by my younger sisters.
14. I love video games, MTG, comics and other ‘nerd’ things. I will rarely admit it out loud.
15. I didn’t think I’d make it this far! Last one, hm. I don’t think I’m funny. I’ve never been funny on purpose and I can’t tell a joke.
So there we go. There are my truths of the year. It is what it is and that's sort of where I am right now.