Sunday, May 1, 2011

Eight...crazy

This month along there are four weddings happening among the people at my college. That translates to six people who are now living in the dorm are leaving. Two of the people that are getting married are graduated, but still count. There are two more couples that are getting married later this summer. Total makes five now. To top that off, there are three other couples that I know from high school/former colleges that are getting married. Eight. Eight couples I know are getting married. Can I have a little confession time here? This makes me kinda sad and a little bit jealous at the same time. Sad because one of the couples is my roommate and I've roomed with her for the past two years and next year I won't have one. It'll be weird not having her around. Also, at bible college, it's unusual to go the entire time here not dating or getting engaged before graduation. It's a lame cliche', but unfortunately a very real one. Jealously comes in from that angle. I haven't dated the entire time I've been here, and I'm not holding my breath for next year either. and because I'm close, or was close with a few of the girls that are getting married and totally expected to be in their party and help them and everything...but I'm not. It sounds really sad and pathetic, but after seeing so many weddings happen (I've been in school for a while now) and seeing the happiness of the maids getting the bride ready and just having fun in general...I thought it'd be my turn. I know, it's weird to want to be a maid instead of a bride. But I know I'm not ready for that yet. Plus, I'd have to hunt down my dream man and convince/force him to marry me and that's just a lot of work for this gal. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to be a guest and see it all happen and to share in the joy of the day and everything. It's just a little bittersweet.

0 comments: