Saturday, May 14, 2011

graduation

Today was graduation at my school. It was one of those surreal days where you watch everything happen around you and it just seems to be in a weird movie haze. That could have also been because I was up till 3am talking to my roommate. Watching the graduates walk across the stage was interesting. In a year, I'll be in that same place and it seems like just a few days ago I was graduating from high school. Crazy how time gets away from us. Anyway, today was a sadish day. My roommate is officially moved out, I know this cause I helped her carry things to her car and pack them in. For me it's quite sad because I've roomed with her for the past two years and now she's gone for good. She's getting married in a week and won't be coming back to room with me anymore. On one hand, I'm sad that she's gone, but on the other I'm super happy she's found someone that treats her well and makes her so happy. She truly deserves someone who is good for her and will be with her forever. I'm going to miss her a lot. Oh, and don't believe I didn't shed a couple tears after she left. Totally did. I'm a huge bawler. For real. I cry at everything. I can blink and start to cry. It's crazy and totally annoying. To continue this, also helped move out one of my other dear friends. It's so sad to watch them all go home and not be able to leave too. I keep reminding myself that I'm here so I can watch my rooms walk down the aisle. Seems like forever from now.

Being so far away from home isn't always a good decision. I'm glad I'm here, but I miss there. And when I'm there, I miss here. I don't know what I'll do when I'm there and can't come here. Hopefully, time won't run away and make this seem like yesterday when it's a year away.

0 comments: