Thursday, February 19, 2009

Captivating Speeches.

Classes are hard for me to pay attention in. I don't know what it is, but unless I'm doing something else--drawing, writing,etc-- I just can't pay attention. Not as much is heard, things don't click and its just miserable. Which is weird. It transfers over to bible study- "quiet time" and thing like that. But it doesn't transfer over to church and listening to sermons. I can sit quietly for an hour or so listening to a sermon. There's just something about the enthusiasm of the person speaking that captivates me. Not to be all biased or anything, but I do have to say that one of my favorite preachers is the lead pastor of my church. The way that he tells the stories and shares the messages is just captivating. Another is the pastor of the branch I attend. When he does speak, its dripping in wisdom and care. Its amazing to get to listen to them. Even if its just on the podcast that is put out. It just grabs you and holds you still like a good book. Its pretty awesome. There's a video on youtube somewhere that's called "That's my God." Its this preacher telling what his God is and everything. His voice is just so powerful. I love listening to him. And there's this group, CV Drama. Their stories that they tell just captivate an audience. Its awesome.

But sometimes, I get really jealous of them. Mostly because I feel like I don't have the gift of capture. It would be amazing to be able to get up in front of people and share what's on my mind and have them all on the edge of their seats begging for more. This isn't a gift that I think I have. It kills sometimes because I'll write out "sermons" "talks" whatever you want to call them, but don't have the guts to share them because of the fear that no one will like them or understand. And then there's the whole part of being a girl. People aren't keen on having a girl "teach" or share a message. Its frustrating. I'd really like to share some of the thing....maybe one day I'll put them up on here and see what comes of it...Till later...

0 comments: