Saturday, March 7, 2009

these past days

As most know, I've been on spring break for the past week. Unlike most spring breaks, I didn't go down to New Orleans to work there, instead I stayed on campus and hung out and stuff. It was pretty uneventful until Wednesday wehn things picked up for a couple days. Now its back to the typical boring Saturday where I spend six hours trying to watch a two hour movie. Yeah. So this week I got to hang out with some of the people that I think are amazing. It was awesome to get to stay up there and not have to drive back and forth between campus and there to do everything.
So Wedneday went pretty well...had a meeting with Chuck (campus pastor) and we got a lot of things done. I'm supposed to be working on a few papers for that and all (shh...) and hopefully a few things will start moving and the ball will start rolling and the force will be unstoppable! I'm really excited about that and all the stuff that will be happening. Later that day I got to groom a dog, which is always fun for me. Its one of those things that I just like to do and enjoy a whole lot. It was awesome :) And then gel group happened. I seriously have the best gel group ever. For those who don't know, gel group is pretty much like a small group/bible study, but a lot cooler. Those people are amazing.
Thursday was all nice and laid back. Got the chance to hang out with an amazing lady who works for a sweet orginazation (http://www.frontierhorizon.org). She does so much for those kids and they really do a lot of good for them. Its pretty cool--check it out!!
Managed to finish two books while up there--Messy Spirituality and Irresistable Revolution. Now its on to In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy day. Pretty awesome books. Definantly check out the first one. Its one of those, you should read because its awesome books. Also got to hang out at the Forefront office for a while. Totally thought it was sweet getting to chill with all the peeps there.
That catches us up to Friday. Which was fun in and of itself. Got to go to a gallery showing--which I love going to by the way. Met many artists who are very chill and talked to one guy who said he'd do a couple canvases of my photos for not a whole lot. I'm really excited about that because I've been trying to figure out how and where I could do that. Oh-- the reason for the art show was because my youth pastor , James, had a piece in there (http://www.jamesdavisonline.info/). It was really cool to see that up there among all the other paintings--it really stood out in a good way.
And all that brings us back to now, Saturday, and the watching of movies, finishing of papers, posters, edits and everything else I didn't do on the other days. Looking back...it was a pretty dang awesome week and I'm really thankful for all the people that made it so amazing. Seriously thankful for all of them...even the Starbucks lady that gave me weird looks for chillin in there for four hours. Hey, I was reading a book, and I did buy something...haha. Can't wait for Sunday to roll around and see somethings put in action.

p.s. it is somewhere around 72 degrees outside, sunny and there's a light breeze. don't hate :)

0 comments: