Friday, August 13, 2010

favorite quote.

The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.


That is written on a mirror that hangs above my bed. With a capital 'return'. It was written just over four years ago by my then boyfriend, aka the guy that I was madly in love with and did everything with and was convinced we were going to get married one day. One of my biggest struggles is being loved. he wrote that up there one day, replacing my "Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. But pigs treat us as equals." quote, and there it has stayed every since. It was his reminder to me to just let him love me for who I am and to stop trying to be perfect and mold into what I thought he wanted. Every night and every morning I'm home I see that and it reminds me to stop and be thankful for those who love me and have loved me for who I am and not anything else but that. Its a hard thing to grasp sometimes. I mean, I'm a klutzy, marginally organized, overachiever, workaholic who can't always stop worrying to enjoy simple things. In short, I'm super far from perfect and have a lot of flaws. But that hasn't stopped any one from loving me. Even now, when I think back to the day he wrote that on my mirror, I think of all the love that he had for me at that time and how much he cared for me by writing that reminder up there. He and I shared a lot of ups and downs and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm lucky to have known him and been able to share a part of my life with him. And now, I write this for you all to read and I just want to remind you all to not fret about being perfect for anyone. You're loved just for what you are. And letting someone love you, is the greatest thing in the world. so just, let go of the worry and let their love, whoever they may be, surround you.
Till later.
Love on.

0 comments: